For my photography, I planned and shot both LUMÉ covers with clear creative intent, considering lighting, setting and composition to suit each issue’s theme.
PHOTOGRAPHY 1 - model Luke (male, age 17, homosexual)
For the January 2026 edition, I photographed my model in multiple locations and outfits to give myself a range of visual options during editing. This approach ensured flexibility in case one background appeared too plain or if lighting conditions were unsuitable. I directed my model into cool, composed poses that conveyed confidence and calm reflecting the issue’s ‘Sustainable Luxury’ concept while leaving negative space within the frame for text placement and masthead visibility.
PHOTOGRAPHY 2 - models Wiki/ Mylee (both female, age 17, heterosexual)

In contrast, this February 2026 issue shifts focus toward authenticity and the creative process behind fashion imagery. Rather than presenting polished final looks alone, I documented the preparation stages: applying makeup, checking reflections, using a phone between shots, and interacting naturally on set. The use of direct flash photography creates a raw, candid aesthetic reminiscent of backstage editorial shoots, adding texture and realism to the visuals.
Close-up shots of makeup application emphasise detail, craftsmanship and transformation, reinforcing the theme of 'Behind the Shoot.' The mirror compositions symbolise reflection and self-awareness, while also adding depth and framing within the image. Mid-shots and paired poses introduce personality and chemistry, creating a sense of collaboration rather than staged perfection.
The indoor setting, neutral walls and warm lighting maintain a soft, intimate atmosphere, allowing skin tones and natural expressions to stand out. Coordinated black outfits ensure visual cohesion and keep the focus on expression and process rather than distraction through colour.
These images demonstrate my ability to adapt photographic style to suit editorial concept and audience expectations. By combining candid flash photography with composed mirror shots and close detail imagery, I created a cohesive visual narrative that aligns with LUMÉ’s modern, creative and process-driven editorial identity.
No comments:
Post a Comment